Welcome to the Gadsden Community Health Council (GCHC)
Founded in 2004, the GCHC is a not-for-profit organization comprised of concerned citizens, community leaders, and community agencies serving Gadsden County with the intent to create a comprehensive and integrated health care system.
for Gadsden County is a community with a comprehensive and integrated health care system that helps all its citizens accept personal responsibility for becoming informed about, and committed to, healthy lifestyle choices.
- Coordinate requests for new resources for care and prevention
- Coordinate the delivery of health services in the county
- Establish linkages between the local hospital and other health organizations and providers
- Target increased access to health education programs
- Identify priority health care needs for the community from an area wide needs assessment
- Develop an action plan for priority areas
- Identify available and potential resources for the community
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current programs
- Evaluate the adequacy of current resources
- Provide technical assistance to the 2010 Steering Committee, providers, community groups as needed or requested
- Provide evaluation and continuous feedback on progress toward the Councils goals
- Coordinate with the Health Department and report progress and outcome attainment